What Is Hospice?
When medical care cannot offer a cure, hospice provides care, comfort and support for individuals with life-limiting conditions. Hospice care allows for a family-centered team approach that includes a physician, a nurse, a social worker, chaplain, volunteers and home health aides. This team works together to ensure all patient needs are met including physical needs, social, psychological and spiritual.
▣ Is Hospice Appropriate?
To qualify for hospice, patients must have a life-limiting illness with a life expectancy of six months or less such as cancer, heart disease, lung disease, stroke or end-stage Alzheimer’s. Hospice is designed to comfort both the patient and entire family and improve the quality of days ahead for everyone.
▣ Who Pays For Hospice?
Most of our services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance. Our team can assist patients and their families in determining eligibility and researching all available resources.
What To Expect From The Halcyon Team
- Provide dignity, compassion and peace of mind for the patient and family.
- Monitor the patient’s condition and coordinate with physician to manage pain and other symptoms.
- Provide medications, medical supplies and equipment.
- Be on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for emergencies.
- Provide education and training for the family members.
- Offer 24 hour care in times of crisis.
- Offer support with the emotional and spiritual aspects of dying.
- Provide support and counseling to family members and loved ones for up to 12 months after death.
- Make short-term inpatient care available when pain or other symptoms become too difficult to manage at home.
- Provide personal care visits including assistance with bathing and dressing.
The Halcyon Home Difference
We believe caring for people with life limiting illness requires a different set of skills than other kinds of healthcare with emphasis on physical comfort and emotional support. Our Hospice team are experts in end-of-life care, serving as an extension of your family to create a personalized plan ensuring the best possible care is received.
- 100 % locally owned and operated by medical professionals.
- Services designed to ensure that our patients remain safe and independent in the comfort of their home.
- Medicare certified.
- Custom approach to metal and physical comfort including music and aromatherapy.